How often can you participate in personal professional development together with interesting and inspiring teachers from all over the world?
This morning’s online TeachMeet session was an opportunity to do just that! The energy and excitement was contagious before the event even started. At 6am Melbourne time, the session kicked off on Justin.tv. Educators in different places presented examples of how they use technology in their classrooms. At the same time, conversation and discussion was happening in twitter about what we were seeing. What an incredible network of people sharing, encouraging and learning from one another!
You can find the link to the presentations on the edtechroundup wiki.
Apart from the actual content of the presentations, here are some of the things I got out of it:
- putting a voice to people whose blogs I read and whom I follow on twitter
- a sense of community, of being part of a huge group of different, yet like-minded people.
- inspiration to continue to push the boundaries and try new things in my classroom.
- motivation to encourage others at my school to move forward.
- courage to stand up to the ‘blockers’.
- knowledge that there is support out there, for anything I might want to try.
- understanding what a PLN can really mean!!