I’m trying to focus on all the all the things I need to do, really I am. But each time I go past the computer, I just have to peep at Twitter and see what people are saying in the #educon hashtag. Educon is an education conference that I wish I was at, in Philadelphia.
The guiding principles behind educon are stated as:
1) Our schools must be inquiry-driven, thoughtful and empowering for all members
2) Our schools must be about co-creating — together with our students — the 21st Century Citizen
3) Technology must serve pedagogy, not the other way around.
4) Technology must enable students to research, create, communicate and collaborate
5) Learning can — and must — be networked.
Exactly what I believe!
Every conversation session sounds interesting. If I was there, I’d have a hard time choosing which to go to. Many are facilitated by educators whose names are familiar from blogs and Twitter and other online reading. Fortunately, you didn’t have to be there in person. Sessions are livestreamed on Eluminate and will be archived after the event too. Read more about Educon here and here.
This slideshare on change was created by participants in one of the workshops…
Vodpod videos no longer available.