I go to staff meetings, team meetings, planning meetings… but I’m sure these suggestions apply to all sorts of meetings in different settings.
1. Come prepared, so that you have something to contribute.
2. Talk more about what can be done that about what can’t.
3. Be creative. Suggest ideas that haven’t been tried before.
4. Don’t complain about anything that you can’t offer at least one solution for.
5. Get to the point. Stay on the point.
6. Don’t keep mentioning how little time you have.
7. Listen at least as much as you talk.
8. Be open to more than one point of view (your own).
9. Make it clear. Be sure everyone gets it.
10. Be ready to change your mind, your opinion, your usual way of doing things.