This is a collaborative post with @clivesir, who I first met through his blog Clive in Sri Lanka, in which he chronicled his experiences as a volunteer, teaching technology to teachers. He once wrote a post entitled Missing: My PLN and we have been friends ever since. He’s one of the organisers of RSCON3.
The world is full of generous educators, willing to share with anyone who is open to learning. You don’t even need to leave home to find them. Anyone can participate in the online 3-day Reform Symposium Conference from 29th July to 1st Aug (depending on where in the world you are!)
- Learn without getting off the couch.
- It’s green!
- No suitcases, tickets, hotel, worries about what to wear…
- It’s free!
- An opportunity to network with educators globally.
- It’s addictive!
- 65+ presenters from USA, Canada, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, UK, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Turkey, Jordan, Thailand, Japan, Australia…
- International keynote speakers.
- Encourages audience interaction, both in realtime and after.
- Great community spirit. Passion and love of learning are contagious.
- Learn from and with educators like you who have been there, done that.
- If a presentation is not what you expect you can quickly go to a parallel session.
- Easy to fit around family life and demands. Take a break whenever you like.
- Learn while your husband/wife cooks breakfast, lunch, supper…!
- Huge choice of topics – expand your horizons!
- Choose what interests YOU- no obligation to attend sessions.
- Voices from outside can be powerful, even if they say the same things as voices inside.
- Model learning for your students.
- Presentations are recorded. Replay at leisure or catch ones you missed later.
- Social Media/ Professional Development Training Lab – A parallel session where you can ask questions about concerns, issues, tech difficulties, presenters…
(How did we get to 20?! My posts always have 10!)
Teaching is changing. Ways of learning are changing. The possibilities are endless… Join us. What’s the worst that can happen?