Reflecting on 2011, we have done some amazing things to create engaging learning opportunities in our school.
Where did the ideas come from? Watch the video…
- The global plant inquiry grew from an idea shared at a workshop by Marco Torres.
- The inquiry into presentation tools developed from conversations with colleagues.
- The idea for the reading group developed from a book!
- Connecting globally via Skype with other countries and cultures was inspired by a blog post and spread via Twitter.
- The workshop on refining questions came from a conversation with a colleague.
- The social justice conference was inspired by a blog post by Donna, who was inspired in turn by one of mine.
- The idea of creative workshops to explore learning in new ways came from a Twitter chat about creativity.
- Communicating with a rural Indigenous community started from a chat with a teacher and grew via Twitter.
- Creating movies from one sentence stories was inspired by a workshop with Marco Torres.
- The idea for professional learning beyond walls was born out of a conversation, blogs, a workshop and Twitter!