Hearing one has cancer, even a curable kind, takes one by surprise, to say the least.
Once the mental adjustment is made, what follows is unexpected clarity of thought.
It’s a time when you…
- appreciate loving family and supportive friends.
- reassess what’s important to you
- feel grateful for all you have
- revisit past memories
- wonder about new possibilities in the future
- notice more
- have a clearer understanding of others
- say things that have been unsaid
- find the courage to take a stand on things that bother you
- make plans…
After my surgery tomorrow, I plan on working towards a full recovery in time to welcome my first grandchild into the world in August.