What messages do you get from this great little clip?
Here’s the kind of responses that came from teachers in our Learning Team Leaders group…
- Anyone can be a leader.
- Collaboration leads to success.
- Set an example and others will follow.
- Find a solution, rather than complaining about a problem.
The clip elicited different responses from 6th grade students, asked to make connections with themselves and their learning…
- It makes me feel that I have a strong power inside me that can allow me to do anything.
- It tells me a lot about learning, it tells me to be a risk taker and never be scared…
- Everyone can be a leader and do what ever they want, if they have a lot of determination.
- Team work is very important in and out of school.
- We need to learn to help people even though you haven’t been asked.
- This video tells me that even though I’m a small kid doesn’t mean I can’t do big things.
- One small act can infect a lot of people.
- I think this video will inspire children that think they can not do anything.
- Everyone can learn something from someone, no matter what age or gender.
- Anyone, doesn’t matter what size, can help the community and be an active citizen.
You can read the whole delightful conversation, including responses from kids in other schools, here. (It highlights the possibilities of blogging as a tool for authentic reading, writing and conversation beyond the classroom walls, but that’s another story!)
Often the best clips to stimulate thinking are not directly related to the subject at hand and can be used in a range of contexts. Do you have any other ideas for using this one? Have you come across any great, short videos that provoke thinking and inspire conversation?