It’s now a reality. There are five new School in the Cloud labs in different settings in India, three in schools and the latest two in remote areas, where kids walk from the local villages to access the computers and interact with emediators, who we refer to as the ‘granny cloud‘.
We’re not all grannies, many volunteers are male and age isn’t relevant!
There are currently not enough ‘grannies’ to meet the needs of the new centres.
Would you like to…
- Give 30-60 minutes per week?
- Interact with kids in India?
- See the light in kids’ eyes as they learn to to communicate with you?
- Learn about another country, culture, education system… and yourself?
- Connect with other volunteers?
- Do something new?
Are you willing to…
- Converse in English
- Tell stories or discuss pictures
- Introduce ideas
- Ask questions
- Provoke curiosity
- Share culture
- Build confidence
- Praise and encourage
To learn more about the granny cloud and register your interest, go to the School in the Cloud website and you can read about some of my experiences here, here and here. If interested, let me know and I can help you with the process, or simply sign up on the site.