10 things teachers should unlearn…
10 things I think teachers should unlearn…
1. Teachers know all the answers.
2. Teachers have to be in control of the class.
3. Teachers are responsible for the learning.
4. Students are obliged to respect teachers.
5. Learning can be measured by a letter or a number.
6. Teachers should plan activities and then assessments.
7. Learners need to sit quietly and listen.
8. Technology integration is optional.
9. Worksheets support learning.
10. Homework is an essential part of learning.
In my opinion, all of the above are outdated ideas. I won’t elaborate at the moment, as I’d rather have your input! Which ones do you agree with? Disagree? Challenge? Question?
10 ways series…