Our Teaching and Learning Team has an ‘essential agreement’, inspired by this clip:
The Teaching and Learning Team agrees to…
- encourage creativity and innovation
- view everything through a lens of curiosity
- embrace new possibilities and actively instigate change
- create joy in new ways of doing things
- foster a sense of ownership and empowerment
- work hard to plan for and achieve success
- work collaboratively and value teamwork
- ensure learning is positive, engaging and fun
- model positivity and optimism
… and encourage the above in everyone with whom we work.
In a PYP school, every class, every team, even the whole school has an essential agreement which sets the tone for collaboration and teamwork. How else would we know what the shared norms and expectations are? There are endless ways to develop such agreements and, since it’s the start of a new school year in Australia, all our teams and classes have been working on theirs.
It didn’t take long for our Teaching and Learning Team – Director of Teaching and Learning (Literacy) , Early Years Learning Coordinator, Head of Learning Support, Teaching Coach, Maths Coordinator and me – to come up with ours, since we already have common passions and a shared vision.
We watched the Piano Stairs clip, noted and shared how it relates to our roles and goals and.. voila! All we had to do was compile them into a list and we are ready to take on the new school year… and the world🙂